Date Posted: 4/18/2017
Organization: Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
Location: Washington, DC
Description of Organization:
The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals—one of the best and most unique places to work in DC—is seeking an articulate, enthusiastic, flexible, and organized education associate to join its professional team.
ARHP’s mission is to transform and improve sexual and reproductive health care and access through health professional training and advocacy. ARHP provides high-quality, evidence-based continuing education on a diverse range of sexual and reproductive health topics to all members of the health care professional team. We work primarily in the US, but have members in 38 countries.
The education associate provides administrative and program support to the education staff for ARHP’s educational programs, including curriculum development, live sessions placement and monitoring, development of collateral materials, and web-based sessions. The education associate will also help ensure compliance with ARHP’s accrediting bodies and will be responsible for maintaining and reporting accurate records in ARHP’s database and other data systems.
The education associate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based databases, NetForumPro preferred
- The ability to be a team-player and manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High standards for quality control and customer service
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Willingness to wear multiple hats in a small-team environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care delivery systems, evaluation, reproductive health topics, adult learning principles, and continuing education accreditation
- A strong commitment to reproductive justice
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with program planning committee and faculty to collect required documents and schedule conference calls.
- Responding to faculty correspondence in a timely manner and managing faculty logistics.
- Filing and maintaining accurate records per standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- Scheduling live and web-based sessions.
- Preparing print/electronic collateral materials for educational sessions.
- Drafting meeting summaries/minutes.
- Assisting education team members with quality control measures and advance trouble-shooting
- Processing reimbursement requests.
- Creating and distributing program evaluations in web-based survey system and monitoring responses.
- Providing support in planning and on-site coordination of annual meeting and other ARHP-sponsored meetings and conferences.
- Collaborating with the senior education associate to ensure all tasks for a given program are completed well and on schedule.
- Conducting webinars for assigned program areas.
- Conducting trainings for webinar faculty, as necessary.
- Coordinating with outside vendors on the development of web-based educational activities.
- Providing logistical and general support for educational sessions and program staff, as necessary.
- Auditing live educational activities to ensure compliance with ARHP accreditation policies and to assist faculty with on-site logistics.
- Completing accreditation paperwork to ensure compliance and accuracy of activities.
- Assisting in ensuring program files are complete and kept in accordance with organization’s accreditation policies.
- Creating and disseminating continuing education certificates to participants.
- Entering end-of-year data through online collection systems for accreditation reporting.
- Assisting with the reaccreditation process as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter with salary requirement and a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with "education associate" in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We are unable to respond to all inquiries.
ARHP is an equal opportunity employer affording all employees and job applicants fair and equal treatment. ARHP complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination, including discrimination based on race, age, color, gender identity and/or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, HIV status, and disabilities. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.