Date Posted: 11/15/2016
Organization: Planned Parenthood
Location: Orland Park, IL
Application Deadline: 11/30/2016
Description of Organization:
Planned Parenthood is America¡¦s most trusted provider of reproductive health care. Our skilled health care professionals are dedicated to offering all people high-quality, affordable medical care. - See more at: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are#sthash.rBKZBKJq.dpuf
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ASSISTANT I/FLOAT REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ASSISTANT I
The Reproductive Healthcare Assistant (RHA) I performs the basic duties of a medical assistant such as, maintaining medical records and logs, also performing routine clerical duties, and responding to patient inquiries and needs including fee assessment and insurance coverage, also basic lab work. This position works under the supervision of the Health Center Manager.
- Practice a customer-oriented approach to health care delivery. Ensure through a professional and open manner that each patient receives the care and information she needs.
- In accordance with CLIA and OSHA guidelines, demonstrate proficiency in use of autoclave and routine laboratory tests, such as phlebotomy, Urine GC/CT, Rapid HIV, pregnancy tests, and Hemocue.
- Demonstrate proficiency while performing check-in duties, schedule patient appointments using Appointment Requestor, maintain medical records and logs, and otherwise respond to patient inquiries and needs.
- Participate in health center efforts:
„X for compliance with organizational quality assurance guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA
„X in achievement of medical visit and productivity goals
„X in attainment of annual health center fiscal goals in revenue, expenses, and contribution margin
- Assist in the provision of contraceptive supplies, and provide information and instructions for their use, as appropriate and delegated by the Health Center Manager and medical staff.
- In compliance with OSHA and CLIA guidelines, provide recovery room assistance (as applicable), contraception education, and appropriate documentation.
- Assist in the clerical and informational tasks related to proper follow-up of patients according to the protocols and procedures of PPIL.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of an efficient, clean and comfortable Health Center facility.
- Participate, as assigned, in routine Health Center chart audits and quality assurance procedures.
- Provide support and direction to Health Center volunteers as needed and directed by the Health Center Manager.
- Take personal responsibility to remain informed about family planning methods, abortion and other services offered by PPIL, and PPIL protocols, policies and procedures, to give regular feedback to the Health Center Manager regarding training and continuing education needs.
- Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED. Certified Medical Assistant or equivalent experience preferred. Additional training and/or education in reproductive health is desirable.
Previous professional experience with the provision of family planning services is preferred. Previous medical laboratory and/or counseling experience desirable, as well as familiarity with computer databases.
Personal & Professional Qualities:
Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services, as well as a commitment to the operating goals of Planned Parenthood of Illinois.
Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate with patients, the public, staff, and volunteers in a professional, warm, and sensitive manner. Bi-lingual ability in Spanish is helpful.
High energy level, organizational skills and attention to detail required. Willingness to participate in a team approach to health care.
Must be willing and able to work a schedule that may include evening and weekend hours, and to work at other PPIL centers if needed.