Gout in the Golden Years: Clinician Education to Improve the Diagnosis and Treatment of Postmenopausal Women
On Demand Sessions:
*By clicking the webinar with credit link, you confirm that you have read the accreditation information on this page.
This is an internet-based activity that should take one hour to complete. To receive continuing education credit, learners should 1) take the pre-test 2) review the webinar and 3) complete the post-test.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Identify musculoskeletal disorders associated with menopause including the pathogenesis of these disorders
- Differentiate the diagnosis of gout from other musculoskeletal disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Integrate pharmacologic treatments in collaboration with specialists for the treatment of patients with gout
- Integrate nonpharmacologic treatments in the care of patients with gout
Physicians: The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. ARHP designates this internet enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse Practitioners and Nurses: This activity has been approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health for up to 1.0 contact hour, including up to 0.5 pharmacology hours. Credit can be applied toward the nursing continuing education requirements of most professional organizations and State Boards of Nursing.
Pharmacists:The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program provides 1.0 contact hour of continuing education credit.
Others: A certificate of attendance will be issued indicating that this activity is accredited for 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
This program is sponsored by the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
This project is funded through educational grants from AstraZeneca LP and Savient Pharmaceuticals
This activity is designed for physicians, nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, students, educators, and researchers who focus on reproductive health care, family practice or internal medicine.
All individuals in a position to influence the content of this activity must disclose relevant financial relationship(s) with commercial interests and the nature of the relationship. A commercial interest is defined as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients.
- Robert Bunning, MD (Planner/Faculty) – Speaker bureau for Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Andrew Kaunitz, MD (Course Director) – Consultant for Noven Pharmaceutical, Endoceutics, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Agile; Contracted research for Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Endoceutics, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries; Board Member of NAMS; Received royalties for chapters in UpToDate.
- Susan M Cohen, DSN, CRNP, FAAN (Planner), Carole Chrvala, PhD, (Consulting Writer), Aleya Horn Kennedy, MPP (ARHP Program Manager), and Wayne Shields (ARHP President and CEO) have nothing to disclose