ARHP's Role in Policy and Advocacy Work
ARHP believes that reproductive health care policy must be based on sound science, proven clinical practices, and highly regarded public health measures in order to ensure the best quality care for women, men, and families.
ARHP brings the voice of trusted health care providers to the policy-making arena in a number of ways:
- We work in partnership and coalition with reproductive rights, reproductive justice, and environmental health and justice organizations in order to ensure that advocacy efforts nationwide reflect the needs of ARHP members.
- We issue position statements and provide public testimony at government agency hearings on reproductive health issues in order to bring the patient care and public health perspectives to public debate and policy-making.
- We work to educate the media on reproductive health topics to ensure that public knowledge about reproductive health is infused with objective and accurate information.
ARHP works to educate health care providers, policymakers, and the media about reproductive health care issues. If you are an ARHP member or reproductive health care provider interested in becoming involved in ARHP’s policy and advocacy activities,
- Subsidy Calculator
Premium Assistance for Coverage in Exchanges
- Fact Sheets: Why the Affordable Care Act Matters for Women from the National Partnership for Women & Families
- Frequently Asked Questions About Affordable Care Act Implementation, May 2015 from The CMS
- Preventive Services, Including Contraceptive Coverage, Under the Health Care Law from the National Women’s Law Center